Sunday, August 26, 2007

conversations with deirdre

me: (while moving right hand as if flicking a wand) wingardium leviosa. hay...i wish it would just levitate towards my house.
deirdre: why?
grace: so that i wouldn't have to carry it home. then when i get home, i could pretend that i only saw it for the first time, & don't know where it came from.
(laughter)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

me: you've taken up enough time already. we're now going to move on to another topic. (after hopelessly & fruitlessly talking about the same subject for over 30 minutes)
deirdre: as if we can talk about anything else.
me: oo nga, e.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

deirdre: guys don't think as much as we do.
me: i don't think that it's right to say that they don't think as much. they just don't go down the same roads that we do.
(deirdre agrees)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just realized we have been together for six hours straight today. =)

Hadn't talked that much, or for the record LISTENED as much, in awhile.

I think I need to practice to listen more.

grace said...

girl, you don't need to practice listening. you're already very, very good at that. : )