Sunday, November 04, 2007

in the pressure cooker again

i found myself in a messy fix last week. i had information that i thought a new friend needed to know. sadly, "what you don't know can't hurt you" does not apply in this situation. if i don't tell her, she can get hurt. but if i tell her, she will definitely get hurt.

if she finds out from someone else, i'm sure that she will get mad at me for keeping it from her. but if she finds out from me, she could also get mad at me, & even think that i had an ulterior motive in telling her.

thank heavens, there is a pinprick of light shining from the end of the dark tunnel. if i tell her, she might appreciate my honesty. telling her could, in turn, become the start of an open friendship.

in the end, i decided to tell her. & she did appreciate my honesty.

whew. : )

No comments: