Thursday, November 13, 2008

random ramblings from nerd-dom

hello world! i'm alive!

our first term officially ended last october 25, but lucky me, the deadline of our take-home stat finals was october 29. you know how an endeavor expands to fill the time allotted for it? that's exactly what happened. so at around 7pm on the 29th, i was in a cab on my way to campus (dead-tired from facilitating a training session from 9 to 4, and attending a meeting from 5 to 6), encircling my final answers. hehe.

that's it for the first term. my 3 grades are out, and i did well. i'm so happy!

this term, i'm only taking 2 subjects - methods of research and financial accounting. not exactly exciting courses, but i need these if i want to understand business.

(pause first, condition and convince self, hehe)

okay, attempt futile. brain refuses to cooperate. : )

i'm stating the obvious, but i love being back in school. i love learning from my professors and classmates. the eager beaver in me is rejoicing at being given opportunities to read and recite.

it's not easy since i'm still working full time and trying hard to make time for friends, but i don't see myself giving up anytime soon. i don't care that i got sick a few times last term. i'm in no rush, i can always take a lighter load if my work load becomes heavier than usual.

i'm not complaining, not at all. in fact, i feel so grateful that i'm doing this right now. if you told me a year ago that this is where i'd be, that this is what i'd be doing, i wouldn't have believed you. i would have thought that you were just pulling my leg.

after all, i was just picking up the pieces of myself, trying to get back on track. studying was so far off - making myself whole again was my priority. it was my heart that needed attention; my mind had to take a backseat.

but now, i'm okay. i'm happy. sometimes, i even find myself wondering if i deserve all that i'm getting - this seems too good to be true. i know that i prayed and hoped for this for a long time, but it's still incredible that i have it now.

enough of the mush. back to the real world which includes an accounting presentation that i still have to do. hehe. : )

No comments: