Sunday, March 26, 2006

books before boys...


these are some of the books i've read in the past 12 months or so. there are still a few more, either i just couldn't get pics (from various websites) or i can't remember these anymore. the idea to do a collage of sorts just hit me last night. the next thing i knew, i had my pc connected to the net, and i was going from one site to another, looking for pics.

with the exception of the inspirational books, i seem to have read nothing of substance in the past year. quite normal actually since during college, i considered reading books out of class as a form of recreation. considering that i was already drowning in kant, ricouer, heraclitos, aristotle, and in works of other philosophers, theologians and psychologists whose names i can't even summon to mind now, could you blame me? it was just logical to limit reading for the purpose of widening my intellectual horizons within the confines of the classroom, if i was to keep my sanity.

but hey, that doesn't mean that i'll forever be reading romance novels or chick litt. give me some more time to adjust to work, and i'll soon be welcoming my first love - classics - with arms wide open. (i currently have my eye on the anne of green gables series that comes in a box of its own. my birthday's on may 23. hint, hint!)

4 comments:

Ria said...

sobrang ganda ng anne of green gables! go! ^_^ but i have to admit, i've only read up to book 4 even in i have books 5-8 at home. hehe. i also have emily of new moon. also by lm montgomery. again, hindi ko pa sya nabasa. pero sobrang saya ng kwento ni anne :D

grace said...

hindi ko sure kung hanggang saan ang nabasa ko sa anne - kung 2 o 3. basta, hanggang dun sa sinagot na niya si gilbert. hehe...:)

Anonymous said...

HOY! I love LM Montgomery! Read all the anne books! And the emily ones too! I will lend you all of mine. Dali! Let's meet! NOW!

...Haha, sorry, I just get reeeally excited when this topic comes up. Ask derder, i almost smothered her in a giant hug when she gave me lm montgomery's among the shadows for christmas. :)

grace said...

hey girl, you got here! i'm afraid that i'm not familiar with the "emily ones". and right now, i'm just fixated on getting the "anne set" available in powerbooks. :) (but this doesn't mean that i'm not interested. anne first, then emily.

about smothering derder in a giant hug, i don't think that's possible. after all, you're hardly, um, buxom enough for that. hehe! ;)