Monday, May 22, 2006

blogging, and other things

this afternoon, a friend said: bakit ka pa nagba-blog, e pwede mo namang i-text sa friends mo yung mga nangyayari sa buhay mo?!

i think it was the way this comment was delivered that almost made me want to double over in laughter. i might have given in to the urge, if we weren't within sight and earshot of around a dozen people.

to answer that, well, i blog because i miss writing. all throughout college, i had practically no time to weave words for a non-academic purpose. as i emailed my fourth year high school class sometime ago, i feel that whatever writing skills i might have had are already rusty. words don't come as easily anymore and i'm scared that if i don't do anything now, i could find myself completely unable to express myself on pen and paper (or through online outlets, for that matter).

so here i am, blogging away, at the same time trying to coax the deities of the arts to shower on me their blessings once more.

= = = = = = = = = =


our subic trip gave birth to another round of firsts in my life: my first time to slide (through ropes connected to trees), my first time to jet ski, and my first time to kart. hurrah! (pictures to follow soon, hopefully)

= = = = = = = = = =

i'm turning 22 tomorrow. i do not dread the additional year that i have to declare on forms that ask for my age, thank God.

and while i'm not the HR "bunso" anymore, i still feel like a kid once in a while when i go around working, wearing my little corporate attire. but hey, i am STILL young anyway.

and because i'm still young, i will sleep already though it's still a wee bit early. who knows, i might just grow taller this year if i keep this up. hehe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"my little corporate attire" :D
hihi, oo nga no... hurrah to those who are for the yellow go-karts! ;) shhh...sekreto na lang kung sino yung mga yun! Ü

grace said...

wow sarah, parang hindi halata. hehe! :)