Sunday, September 03, 2006

random thoughts

as usual, work has been taking up my time. but i feel so lucky to be working with my officemates - it's nice to be with people who actually care.

= = = = = = = = = =

still gaining weight. ugh. was actually asked if i were pregnant before i got on a ride in star city two weeks ago. double ugh. my face is rounder than ever. triple ugh. my only consolations are that my clothes still fit, & i was mistaken for a soon-to-be-practicumer (not an actual member of the work force) when i was buying business clothes in the black shop around a month ago. haha... :)

= = = = = = = = = =

caught the last two sunday episodes of philippine idol. an english blockmate of mine - ira marasigan - made it to the top 24. not surprising - she starred in a major play last summer, & was a member of the glee club during college (along with her identical twin).

the girls' first live performance will be next sunday, so i'll definitely be watching out for her. it's nice to actually know someone (even just as an acquaintance) in a TV competition, for a change. good luck, girl. :)

= = = = = = = = = =

i just noticed that since i started working, i haven't actually bought anything big for myself. just the occasional clothes during mallwide sales, or books. the most expensive single item that i have bought so far is a pair of boots from manels that was worth P1695 (less 10%). hmmm...

i'm thrifty (to a fault even, i guess). there are things that i would buy for other people, but not for myself. it's just that i feel that i should save for a rainy day. but as it is, i think that it's high time for me to buy something for myself. i deserve it! hehe... :) so i'm reserving my YEFA (yearend financial aid equivalent to 1.5 months' pay) & my sick leave cash conversion (equivalent to 13.75 days' pay, assuming that i don't get sick 'til the end of the year) to buy a phone & a watch. unless of course, my kuripot side overrules me when the time comes. hehe... :) any suggestions what phone model or watch should i get? :)

= = = = = = = = = =

by the way, can anyone tell me if my flicker still works? i haven't seen it since our net connection was fixed. must be my browser settings.

2 comments:

chi said...

yeah, si ira.. i was classmates with her twin in 1st yr HS. yup, it's nice to know someone on TV haha!

on watches, try to look at timex. they're affordable and looks good too. my silver timex watch actually looks like a rolex from afar. hehe. and it's only 3k, if i remember correctly. :)

grace said...

yup, timex is one of my options. nice and cheap (relative to the likes of charriol & rolex, hehe!) any tips on phones? i don't want anything too expensive & flashy, though. mahirap since commuter ako. :)